This is a mega quick post about Airbnb. I do feel there is so much about the subject already online but the post is based on our extensive experience with the site. We have used their services in more than 10 countries including Germany and even El Salvador where we stayed in our of our favorite rentals. Take a look here for more info on this little slice of El Salvadorian heaven. When I first started to think about Airbnb I read so many tips, warning, scary stories etc. but me being me I eyed up my half full glass and imagined my palatial rooms just being a click away. In August. In the South of France. Booking only two weeks in advance eeek. And they REALLY were. Thank you Ingrid for making my first delve into the unknown so wonderful.My top tips.
AIRBNB TOP TIPS
- research your location, street view, google map it, foursquare it, you could even buy a good old guidebook with map.
- search for your host on google, Facebook or linked in. Do they exist? Yep ok move forward.
- read reviews but filter out the divas. Champagne for beer money? Pleeease! You get what you pay for.
- make sure you have the full address as well as the telephone number and email of your host.
- Air bnb can be temperamental in delivering messages. Be kind! Don’t forget your dealing with humans they’re vulnerable and volatile and don’t always have a PHD in customer relations.